Wednesday, May 20, 2009

First Year Snapshots

Yesterday on my way to somewhere else, I stopped at a garden I designed and installed last fall. The design mostly followed the footprint of a formal garden that had fallen into ruin--the concrete pond was there as was a crumbling low garden wall. I updated it and designed a scheme of mostly deer resistant plants--the exceptions being roses and daylilies planted at the owner's request.

These are not the best photos I've taken and I usually don't photograph gardens in their first season --they need time to fill in. First year photos are like taking baby pictures--the gardens are going to morph and mature and come into their own as they grow--and really they're just another cute baby. I made an exception yesterday since really liked what I saw.


Upper and lower borders--the wall is very old-and was covered with ivy

Lower border--it has a sequential bloom pattern

1 comment:

Chloe said...

Love the boxwoods bordering your beds. Very English garden. The wall is beautiful. Nice pictures!