Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Dreaming of Other Places

I have itchy, gypsy feet. When the weather gets nice my longing to pick up and go gets worse.


I want to go some place exotic--full of color, odd sounds and history.

Bali

I want to go some place I've never been that will inspire me.

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

I need to get outside of my comfort zone.

India

Maybe it's just the May-hem of being a landscape designer at this time of year causing me to want to escape.

Yellowstone National Park

Don't get me wrong--I love what I do, but I need to recharge and my creative batteries sometimes need a jump start.

Nikko Temple, Japan

Travel does that for me--it jolts me into a new direction every time.


Buenos Aires, Argentina

I've always had wanderlust and have luckily been able to indulge it on mostly a whim. When I was younger with less responsibility, I'd just pack a bag and go.

Fez, Morocco

Now it's not so easy. I dream of the places I want to see and save and save until I can afford to go. One of the above will be next.

4 comments:

rochelle said...

Ditto your every word....I think my next stop might be ireland for a family event, but I am reallywishing for morocco or india.

Sarah said...

Hmmm...yes. Fascinating looking places. I've been hankering to go to places like New England, New York City and the West Coast. All fairly do-able, some even driveable. Why don't I do it? Having a 15 yr old at home is part of it. Your post gives me something to think about.

Garden Chick said...

Ahhh, the wanderlust. The time of year matters not for me, the need to experience such places persists through the seasons. Unfortunately, the budget is just as real. Here are some of my choices: http://tinyurl.com/ddoq3g
Good luck with your next adventure. I hope it is soon!

Weavin ' demon' said...

I know that feeling. It comes over me on a regular basis. However, for me it is not just a visit, it is a desire to live someplace else. I think it is hard to really get a feel for a place unless you spend time there. The only thing that stops me is the language barrier. If not for that I would be gone to parts unknown.