Sunday, January 18, 2009

Footprints

Several years ago on a garden tour, I found myself looking at what was on the ground plane rather than what was in the gardens. I started shooting photos of paths and patterns of what I saw for future reference and inspiration. I didn't always record where I took the photos, so I really can't tell you in some cases where the garden is, or whose garden it is. Below are a few that I do remember and have done my best to credit them appropriately. When I need inspiration, these images are some of what I look at--there's even one of mine in there.

Paving pattern: Chanticleer, PA

Paving pattern: Lotus Land, CA

Paving pattern: Private residence, NJ (my design)

Paving pattern: Greenwood Gardens, NJ

Paving pattern: Private residence, CA (designer: Nancy Goslee Powers)

Paving pattern: Greenwood Gardens, NJ

Paving pattern: Lotus Land, CA

No comments: